This post is also available in: Български (Bulgarian)
2018 – 2020
Project Democracy and Equality Matters for Our Society (DEMOS) – Political Participation project
Grant Agreement No. 2018-1-AT01-KA204-039212
Financed: Erasmus+ Key Action KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices (KA204 – Strategic Partnerships for adult education)
Period of implementation: 01.10.2018 – 31.03.2020
Budget: 19080.00 EUR
Leading organization: DIE WIENER VOLKSHOCHSCHULEN GMBH
- Limerick & Clare Education & Training, Ireland
- Media Partners SRL, Romania
- Knowledge Association Lovech, Bulgaria
- Poleski Osrodek Sztuki, Poland
- Helsingin kaupunki, Finland
- Volkshochschule Leipzig, Germany
- ABF, Arbetarnas Bildningsförbund, Sweden
- Mezigenerace z.s., Czech Republic
The impacts of the DEMOS Project at local, national and international levels will be the following:
-At a local level, the target groups will have a greater positive input and influence on their communities.
-It will contribute to greater equality and civic participation amongst EU citizens.
-It will provide a unique opportunity to share best practice in relation to encouraging political participation amongst marginalised groups.
– The dissemination of the project’s outputs will enable similar organisations across Europe to use these best practice models to combat the increasing marginalisation of certain groups. This will benefit groups such as political parties, trade unions, NGOs and other community groups.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of both the political systems that govern our societies at local, national and European levels as well as the historical influences that have shaped them.
- Have opportunities to reflect on the beliefs and values which influence their attitudes and actions as individuals and members of our communities based on a commitment to human rights, social responsibility and democracy.
- Produce evidence of participating in action projects through a range of media: e.g. video, website, blogposts. These action projects will then be reviewed and organised into one final, high-quality photographic/video presented under the overarching themes of respect, freedom, equality, solidarity and justice based on the European Charter of Fundamental Rights.